Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!

Today was lots of fun. This morning Katie and I headed over to Mom and Dad's bright and early for Easter festivities. We got lots of tasty treats and then Katie and I went outside to hide eggs and little plastic snakes, frogs, and lizards (that weren't squishy enough to stay in the eggs, and popped them open) in front of the house. There are 4 little kids in the neighborhood who are 3 and 4 (and 2 much younger brothers who aren't yet old enough to really do the whole Easter thing yet, but I did carry Charlie for much of the morning), so we went on a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. It was really fun to do and funny because sometimes they had a little bit of trouble finding the brightly colored plastic eggs that were "hidden" in plain sight! We followed up our soggy hunt with a really tasty potluck brunch and more Charlie holding.

After watching a few things on tivo (like catching up on LOST...I can't believe I had to miss LOST for tech rehearsal!) while we waited for the scalloped potatoes to cook, we went to Auntie Nance's to eat some more. It was enjoyable and pretty funny because Grandma really wanted people to pick out names for the baby (so that Emily and Neil could "choose one"). Some pretty funny but awful name suggestions arose, such as Fritz (from Ruth), Big Tony (from my dad), and Delbert and Dmitri (I'm not sure where those ones came from). Oh yeah, and a host of names in honor of dead pets...anyone want a baby named Otis or Libby? Clearly, when it is time to name my future children I will be consulting with books and internet websites...family clearly cannot be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment